This multiparameter meter changes everything!
GlucoRx’s ‘HCT’ meter system specifically for insulin users is a quality, unique multiparameter machine with Haematocrit Correction Technology, that provides a complete health check by measuring blood glucose levels, ketone, and haematocrit. More than just a blood sugar monitor.
GlucoRx HCT Glucose Test Strips use advanced GDH-FAD enzyme technology with 2+2 (AC and DC) Bio Signal.
The AC signal works to provide the haematocrit result, and DC calculates glucose. The meter then corrects the glucose level according to the haematocrit value for enhanced accuracy in self-management of diabetes.
The GlucoRx HCT meter exceeds the system accuracy requirements of latest ISO 15197:2015 guidelines.
The Control solution test (QC) on this meter is auto-tagged.
GlucoRx’s cost effective products help our NHS achieve significant savings.
GlucoRx Support Services
- GlucoRx Meter kits and accessories provided free.
- Dedicated UK based Customer careline (tel 01483 755133).
- All meters enable software download, and will be compatible with Eclipse Telehealth/Diasend.
- Local GlucoRx Representatives give bespoke Training sessions; support Diabetic clinics.
- GlucoRx Pharmacists can manage complimentary Practice led Patient diabetic reviews.
- Fully funded EQA testing service.
- GlucoRx pledges to meet demand – products readily stocked by AAH, Alliance and Phoenix.
- PIP Codes: HCT Glucose Test Strips – 394-8726 | HCT Ketone Test Strips – 394-8734
|DEVICE FUNCTIONALITY||GLUCORX HCT CONNECT / HCT CONNECT I
|Dimensions||HCT Connect: 50.8 (L) x 30.2 (W) x 11 (H) mm
HCT Connect i: 51 (L) x 24 (W) x 8.8 (H) mm
|Measures||Blood Glucose, Ketones & Haematocrit
|Test Strips & Lancets||Kit includes 10x GlucoRx HCT Glucose Test Strips and 1x GlucoRx HCT Ketone Test Strip. Also, 10x GlucoRx Lancets.
|Accuracy||Exceeds latest ISO 15197:2015 system accuracy requirements
|System Haematocrit||10 – 70% (ketone strips); 0 – 70% (glucose strips)
|Blood sample||1.0µL for both Glucose & Ketone tests
|Reaction time||5 seconds for Glucose test, up to 10 seconds for Ketone test.
|Measurement range||mmol/L fixed 0.5 to 38.9 mmol/L for Glucose test, 0.1~8.0 mmol/L for Ketone test.
|Measuring modes||Gen – any time of the day, regardless of time since last meal. AC – No food intake for at least 8 hours. PC – 2 hours after a meal. Control solution test (QC) auto tagged.
|Memory||Unlimited readings – suitable for Diabetic Drivers complying with DVLA guidelines
|Dimensions||50.8 (L) x 30.2 (W) x 11 (H) mm
|Product Weight||HCT Connect (including battery): 7.6g
HCT Connect i: 9.0g
|Power||HCT Connect: Device holds 1x CR2032 battery and connects to/drains smart phone
HCT Connect i: Smart Phone.
|External output communication||HCT Connect: Ear phone jack
HCT Connect i: Lightning connector
|Other Special features||Auto electrode insertion detection, auto sample loading detection, auto reaction time countdown and temperature warning.
|Operating conditions||HCT Connect: 5°C to 40°C (41°F to 104°F), below 85% R.H. (non-condensing)
HCT Connect i: 10°C to 50°C (41°F to 104°F), between 10% and 85% R.H.(non-condensing)
|Device Storage/Transportation conditions for blood glucose and ß-ketone test strips||HCT Connect: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F), below 95% R.H.
HCT Connect i: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F), between 10% and 93% R.H. (non-condensing)
|Strip Storage/Transportation conditions for blood glucose/ß-ketone test strips||2°C to 30°C (35.6°F to 86°F), and between 10% and 85% R.H. (non-condensing)|
The GlucoRx HCT blood glucose meter will last many years if looked after well.
This symbol means the meter has power.
AC and PC meal markers enable tagging of your blood glucose results before and after meals, respectively. You can always just keep the meter in ‘Gen’ (general) mode.
Start with your lancing device on the middle depth setting and adjust either side accordingly to suit your skin hardness/required puncture penetration.
This is for control testing GlucoRx HCT Ketone Test Strips:
- Insert ketone control key into the HCT meter so it displays “KETONE” with flashing test strip and blood drop symbols.
- Turn the switch on the front side of the ketone control key ON.
- After counting down to 0, the control test result will appear on the meter display. This result should fall within the control range printed on that particular ketone strip foil packet. If not, please repeat the control test.
- Make sure you turn off the switch on the front side of the ketone control key after removing it from your meter.
A control solution test tests if your meter is functioning correctly. By using a liquid in place of blood which contains a known amount of glucose, you can determine if your HCT meter is working correctly with your GlucoRx HCT Glucose Test Strips.
A control solution test should be performed when using the first glucose strip out of a new pot or when you feel the reading is not what you expected.
Click here to read our simple guide on how to change the meter date and time.